The Dunbar Crew......Josh, Kelly, Landon, Parker and Ansley

Monday, April 29, 2013

Potty training 2013 style!

We have been trying to convince Parker that he wants to wear big boy underwear and pee in the potty....we even tried in Deceomber and it was a nightmare.  So I decided after this last pack of diapers I bought this was it.  We did a count down and told him when they were gone he was going to wear big boy underwear.  I bought all his favorite character underwear, armed myself with skittles and bought a toy  he has been wanting and put it on top of the refrigerator.  Now, up until this point, this child has NEVER peed in the toilet.  We started last week and by Friday he still had not peed in the potty and I was so FRUSTRATED!  I told Josh he was going to have to take over for the weekend.  He decided this was it...he was going to get him to pee.  They decided on Saturday after Parker was dry for 4 hours that it was time.  Parker wanted to pee outside so we decided that was better than nothing.  Josh made him stand there until he went...which was about 45 minutes I think.  We were all beyond excited when he went and it was like a party around here.  He got his toy and he was one happy little boy.  Later that day he wanted to pee again, but outside so we let him.  Now comes Sunday morning, it's raining and chilly.  Once again he wanted to pee outside until he went out totally naked and decided it was too cold.  We tried for about 45 minutes before church but no luck.  When we got home from church Josh made him strip down and he had to stay in there until he peed.  He did and of course he was so proud of himself.  Last night before bathtime he peed again and it was much quicker. 
Now here we are, Monday morning and he has been in the bathroom for 20 minutes or so trying to pee!  One day I will look back on this and laugh but right now it is trying my patience.  It is quite cute how he is set up in the bathroom....2013 style!

I know one day he will kill me for posting these pictures but until then....

Outside peeing!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Carts and A said...

so funny!!! I love it!! and yes he will kill you.